Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cartoonie.

Another rainy day in central Pennsylvania. My roommate and I love to watch cartoons, but some of the new shows on cartoon network drive me insane. The characters are no longer anything but thick-lined crazy people. Remember the good old cartoons that made you want to fake sick just so you could watch the marathons? Here are a few of my favorite cartoon's of all time.


Bugs Bunny: Daffy Duck

Daffy has always been my favorite old character. No one can deny that Warner Bros. was the most creative cartoon production agency out there. Some of the ideas they came up with were things I thought I would only see in my dreams. I always thought Daffy was way better than Bugs, maybe not as smart, but definitely a lot more adorable and fun in my opinion.

Power Puff Girls

Sugar, Spice, and everything nice! These little girls are the cutest most bad-ass chicks ever to premier on television (cartoon wise anyway). Favorite episode: the Rowdy Ruff Boys.


Doug

I think Doug was one of those shows that annoyed me so much at first because his character was so whiny. He was the typical "My family is weird, I'm an average student, the girl I like will never like me back" character, which we see entirely too much of these days. But gradually he grew on me, and I found myself loving his attempts to make Patty Mayonnaise love him and little Porkchop running around beside him. I sometimes still hum the theme song "do do do do do do do do do do do..."


Pokemon

Gotta Catch 'Em All! I love these zainy characters! I totally had a massive crush on Brock. I had pet rats for a few years and whenever I would let them run around my room I would pretend they were pokemon and start telling them to use their special "powers". Tail Whip move! Shoe nibble attack! You might not have collected the cards, but pokemon was a legendary show nonetheless.


Rugrats

Nothing was better on a bad-weathered saturday afternoon than watching Rugrats. If you watched the show when you were young, admit it, you wanted to ride your dog too. Everyone has a cautious friend like Chuckie and a mean older relative like Angelica. I loved the episodes where they would get lost in different places such as the bowling alley, amusement parks, YMCA, post office, etc.


Dexter's Laboratory

I would have to say that out of every cartoon this is the one that I would turn on first if I was lucky enough it was on. I loved the way Dexter would talk in his weird German-American accent. The animation is really clever and drawn to perfection. My favorite episode is when Dexter traveled back through his lab and met up with all of his old neglected inventions, it was hilarious.


Spongebob

I realize that Spongebob is still on TV, but it's so different now from when it first aired. Now the episodes are full of disgusting monsters that make no sense. The first episodes of Spongebob were great. We had never experienced a cartoon like him; one that loves his minimum wage job, enjoys the simple things in life like the fun of leaf blowers, and loves everybody unconditionally even his cranky neighbor Squidward. Such a wonderful show, ah the good old days.

There you have it, a list of my favorite cartoon's of all time. Maybe I'm just outgrowing cartoon's and that's why I can't stomach any of them anymore. Time to enjoy the rest of my rainy day in my little dorm room.

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment