Saturday, September 29, 2012

A short update.

Hey,

So I've decided to use Daisy from the Great Gatsby for my paper (shout out to Janiebug for the idea and possibly the only one who might read my blog anyway!). So crisis averted... for now.

I decided to join Tri Sigma. I'm already loving it and I'm not even a full sister. I have never had so many people sincerely interested in my well being at one time. The other day they all gathered in my apartment and decorated my door for bid day! I got a purple rush tshirt and 28 personal hand made cards from each girl. Each card said a little about themselves and had their phone numbers in them. It was so entirely sweet! Unfortunately it's a hundred dollars to be in it officially on sunday... so that sucks. But I like feeling involved in something again, like being apart of something bigger than myself.

These are all the cards and stuff they gave me taped to my door.
Isn't it nice? Notice the streamer and the balloon on the other side too.

I've had a revelation about what I want to do with my future career. I do like English and I love kids. But I realized that I don't want to teach English to kids, that I love them separately. The only reason I want to teach is to be around children and influence their lives for the better... not necessarily spread my love for reading and writing. I discovered that I really just want to study kids. That I want to get to know them on a personal level, I want to teach them about themselves.

So I'm thinking about child psychology for a masters degree. I want to hold focus groups for all sorts of girls and maybe even boys. I want to find out what motivates girls to act the way they do. What makes a bully into a cyber bully when they're philanthropists in school? Why do some girls click while others never will. What family issues shape their lives? How can I help? I want to motivate them. I really want to work with self-confidence and teach girls to notice their surroundings.

So child psychology may be the place to start. I'm having a meeting with my advisor on monday to see where this can take me.

-Love,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment