Monday, September 3, 2012

Some good things going on in my life :)

Hey,

So I am all moved in to my new place and it is kick ass. I love having my own room with french doors. It is so freakin cute. I love it, I love it, I love it! Pictures definitely to come. My roommate is awesome. She's been my best friend at school since freshman year and she's so easy to get a long with. She really is wonderful. I'll definitely put a picture of her up :)

Yeah. Here we are. This is a typical day being her friend.

Seeing my boyfriend everyday has been great. I worked all summer at a camp where I could never see him. I saw him once in 3 months. I was mostly distracted by my kids and work, but there were so many times that I missed him terribly. He's a cutie because he just wants me to be happy. He's not that good at sad feelings though. Haha whenever I'm sad he doesn't know what to say so he just gives me stuff. So far I've gotten a plastic dinosaur, a comic book, a slinky, and a box of play doh. I love seeing him everyday, he makes my day brighter. And he's not a bad cook either ;)

This is my goofy guy. I love him. And all of his hats :)

Classes started! Books are hecka expensive of course. I actually transferred one of my classes because I thought $80 for a text book was effing ridiculous. I'm taking the exact same class now with a different professor whose book is only about $21. Books are such a scam. In fact I went all last semester without buying a single one because of the expense. Thank God my boyfriend had my french books because they were $80 per book (workbook and textbook) and the cd's were $36. Do professors think college kids are made of money? Cause we're not that's why we all have student loans for the rest of our lives.

SOMETHING REALLLLLY COOL HAPPENED. The women studies administration at my school voted me as their representative as the PASSHE international women's conference! I am so excited! I was led to believe that they would pick a senior to go to the conference but they picked me! The school will pay for my hotel and meals and everything, it'll be freaking sweet! Me and this other girl were chosen to go and go to all of these different speakers and presentations. My mom was so proud, she was all like "You can make job contacts!" and I was all like "YEAH!" lol, real reaction. I'm going to wear a pretty suit too. I'm also going to take tons and tons of pictures for a portfolio!

I actually enjoy my women's studies minor a lot. I never realized how interested I was in the subject until I had stumbled into the minor. At first I did it just because it was six credits and it was an easily accomplished minor. I took women studies 101, which was a little awful because the professor was a little too into the writing assignments and not enough into the issues. She's an English professor so I guess that makes sense. I would do more activities than just reading articles about women studies. I think I can teach better than a lot of professors at this university.... but I digress.

I am so excited! Everything is happening so wonderfully!

-Love,


Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment